Move over, stem cells! Exosomes are setting the new standard in skin regeneration (yes, we said regeneration not just rejuvenation)!
For years, we have heard about “stem cell therapy” in regenerative medicine, and in the past few years, they have made their way into the beauty industry. Stem cells from many different sources are now found in skincare products and treatments around the world, yielding great results in anti-aging and rejuvenation of the skin and hair. But what is a stem cell?
A stem cell is an undifferentiated cell, or what we like to call a “mimicking cell” – meaning that they differentiate as they come into contact with other cells. The stem cells then begin repairing and replenishing the tissue that they are applied to. Recently, there has been more attention drawn and research into exactly HOW stem cells achieve this result, and the answer is through the exosome.
So what is an exosome?
Think of an “exosome” as tiny messengers for your skin cells. They create a bundle of information or instructions that is created after four divisions of a stem cell. Exosomes are responsible for intracellular communication and they do this by merging with other cells and releasing their information into those cells, giving the old cells the information they need to regenerate, rejuvenate and improve themselves. As we age our skin loses the ability to maintain collagen synthesis and to repair damaged cells.
Exosomes facilitate the exchange of RNA and proteins like keratin, fibroblasts, and immune cells between cells. Exosomes also transfer cytokines, growth factors, and other materials between cells. By applying exosomes directly to the tissue, we bypass the long cellular division process and skip straight to the replenishment and regeneration of the treatment area. Thus younger looking, more vibrant and healthy skin tissue is formed and regenerated!
The exosome complex that is used during our treatments at Pure Vanity contains over 2 billion active exosomes, which work to repair the skin and lower inflammation levels. This complex is also full of other potent ingredients that have been FDA proven to enhance healing and to have anti-aging benefits including:
- 9 different growth factors, which aid in skin repair and wound healing as well as increasing firmness and elasticity.
- 6 different peptides that work as anti-inflammatories and help aid in wound healing (fun fact: a wrinkle is considered a “wound”!)
- Coenzymes to condition the skin, aid in textural improvement and reduce inflammation
- Hyaluronic Acid which holds 1000 times its weight in water, works to hydrate the skin and aids in moisture retention.
- Retinol to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and aids in cell turnover.
- Ascorbic Acid, an antioxidant that helps to brighten dull skin.
What kind of results can you expect from your exosome treatment?
- Improvement in dryness and better overall skin hydration
- Improved tissue health at the cellular level
- Visible decrease in fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots
- Reduction in redness and irritation
- 180% increase in Fibroblasts
- 300% increase in Elastin
Exosomes are absorbed into the skin very easily (nano-particles with a tiny molecule that easily penetrates the skin to the tissue) and yields great results even when added on to a basic facial. For even better results, exosomes add a fantastic boost to a microneedling treatment, chemical peel, or nano-fractional micro-needling treatment, as they are able to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin and reduce downtime. Exosome treatments are great for clients looking to prevent or repair the signs of aging and are hypoallergenic and safe for all types of skin!
So if you are looking for the latest proven method to regenerate your skin, reduce wrinkles and age spots, firm and tighten the skin, look no further.
If ever there was a “fountain of youth” exosomes may just be it!